very tempting....


This house hit the market today. It's in one of my favorite areas. It has a pool (the kids want a pool, dad, not so much!) and it has a synthetic putting green (oh yea, dad likes that). The price is very good for the area (currently). It is a two story and we really would prefer a single. My wife didn't like the finish on the kitchen cabinets. But when she saw the pool she gave it the thumbs up anyway. I'm quite sure this will go quick and probably for way more than the $482k it's listed for. This one is by far the best deal in the area currently. The only drawback I see is the location. It's on the corner of two busy streets. This home sold new in 2004 for $704k. It sold again in 2005 for $815k. I assume that there folks put the pool in and the rest of the lanscaping. They had it on the market for quite a while at 1.13 Million. The banks took it back for $462k. That woulda been a great deal to pick up on the court house steps! Unfortunately my checking account is about $461K short.....



So far this week I have seen at least 6 homes hit the market at prices that make me want to get off my butt and go see them. Although they are still more than I want to pay, they are getting closer. Of course who knows what they will end up selling for.

I've noticed more homes hitting the market each day too. Maybe the banks are getting caught up with that new foreclosure law. Lets hope so. It's been quite slow for the last few weeks.

I think I will take a week off, go on a cruise and ponder when to break out the low-ball cannon.